Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unknown user access verification issue on Cisco 827 Router

Hi All

After our recent router dying. I needed to use and old 827 from the cupboard to bring our adsl service back online. I requested the specs from my isp and they supplied them so I reconfigured the ios from the supplied spec sheet. It seemed to have gone ok apart from the fact when i try to login to the console it is asking for a user access verification. Now on the spec sheet it had admin but this is not working. Ihave tried mispelling it at login to see if i made a mistake but to no avail. Am i goin to need to reset the password on this router and start again.? Will this work as I do not even know the username ?So reseting the password may not help right? Can someone please help a cisco noboddy like me :) this is driving me crazy.

Thanks y'all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unknown user access verification issue on Cisco 827 Router

Hello,

you might indeed have to do a password recovery on your router (see the link below). After following the procedure, you will have full access to the router, even without knowing the originally configured username.

First, try cisco/cisco as username and password...

Cisco 827 Password Recovery Procedure

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_password_recovery09186a00800942bc.shtml

HTH,

GNT

1 REPLY

Re: Unknown user access verification issue on Cisco 827 Router

Hello,

you might indeed have to do a password recovery on your router (see the link below). After following the procedure, you will have full access to the router, even without knowing the originally configured username.

First, try cisco/cisco as username and password...

Cisco 827 Password Recovery Procedure

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_password_recovery09186a00800942bc.shtml

HTH,

GNT

Views
Helpful
Replies