Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unstable Point to Point Connections

I have a 2811 router with 3 WICs in it, each programmed for a separate HDLC point-to-point T1 circuit. The three remote ends also have 2811s with 1 WIC each. They are programmed identically at both ends, except the "host" end has clock source internal and the "remote" ends have clock source line. I had a lot of trouble getting these circuits to come up - I had to reprogram the WICs at the "host" end several times (the same programming each time). All circuits are up now. One seems to be pretty stable although the stats do show some receive errors on the "host" end. Another is up and reporting no errors, but this one has come up, then gone down, and would only come up again if I cleared the configuration and reprogrammed the card. I've done that twice, so I don't know if it is going to stay up or if I'll have to do that again. The third has been up consistently but has a huge number of receive errors on the host end, and is dropping a lot of packets. I've never had these kind of problems before - does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

3 REPLIES

Re: Unstable Point to Point Connections

I would try a different version of IOS. I had a similiar problem with 2821s that turned out to be a bug in (12.4(3a)). I was using MFT controllers however. Worth a shot. Can you post an output of your show controllers?

Hi,

Have you tried running a BER Test End to End. It could be a physical layer problem. "show controller" will help diagnose that.

Thanks

Are you using the newer wic-1dsu-t1-v2? if so I had a cisco enginer tell me that with the version 2, the framing and linecode need to be set by the provider. It seems that some providers set the linecode to auto and the version 2 card does not like it.

Views
Helpful
Replies