cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Unusual behavior 3640 router ip nat inside

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with an 3640 Cisco router which has the following IOS : c3640-jk9s-mz.123-

10.bin.On the router is enable an nat translation with the following command : ip nat inside source static ip_number_x ip_number_x route-map route_map_name extendable.I've tried to enter the followind command : ip nat inside source static tcp ip_number_x 8904 ip_number_x 8899 route-map route_map_name extendable to change the port but I was unable to do it.The change wasn't written in the configuration table.I've tried to enter the no ip nat inside source static ip_number_x ip_number_x route-map route_map_name extendable command to erase the old line but all I've got was an %Translation not found reply.I've erase the ip nat inside an ip nat outside from the interfaces and reloaded the router but with no luck.I have exactly the same router with the same IOS in another site and all worked all there.I will attach you the show ip nat translations and show ip nat statistics.Thank you for all your help!

5 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Unusual behavior 3640 router ip nat inside

If it is saying that the translation is not found, then that usually means that you have not typed in the line exactly as it appears in the config.

Try the following:

sh run | inc ip nat inside source static

From the output, copy exactly the line that matches your translation.

In config mode, enter 'no ' and then paste in the line you have copied. That should really fix it...

One possible problem you may still encounter is that there are still active translations using this entry. In that case, remove the 'ip nat inside' lines from your interfaces, do a 'clear ip nat translation *' and then re-try the above config.

Pls remember to rate posts that help.

Regards,

Paresh

Hello,Paresh

I don't think it has to do with the copy and paste process.I've done it several time(me and my colleagues) and I don't think there is something wrong there.As I've told you,I have erased the "ip nad inside" line from the interfaces and reloaded the router so I will not deal with active translations.The most intriguing fact is that I've managed to do that on the same type of router with the same IOS and pretty much the same configuration without any headache.Thanks for you help,anyway!I am waiting for other sugestions,too!

Regard,

Ionut

Hello,

can you post the NAT relevant part of your config? This would help to understand the problem. Based on the information given the post of Paresh pretty much summarizes also my wisdom regarding what to do. ;-)

You could of course also save the config to a TFTP server, take an editor, remove what you do not want in there, insert what you would like in there and copy the modified config to startup and reload.

That would for almost sure get you were you would like to be.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

VIP Purple

Hello,

I did a bug search for your IOS release and found the following bug:

CSCef30938 Bug Details

Headline Cannot remove route-map static config

Symptom:

It's not possible to remove ip nat inside route-map once it is configured.

Workaround:

There is no work around unless reloading the router.

First Fixed-in Version 12.3(10.2)

Can you try and load that IOS version and check if your problem persists ?

Regards,

GP

Hello,

What I've tried is to remove all the nat statements from the configuration,reload the router and enter them again.I haven't got any error message but the statement ip nat inside source static

tcp ip_number_x 8904 ip_number_x 8899 route-map route_map_name extendable was not saved in the running-config.Instead,it was saved the following statement ip nat inside source static ip_number_x ip_number_x route-map route_map_name extendable,which is the one above,but without the port numbers.But the hole point of this operation was to change the port number.So I don't thing erasing the configuration and entering a modified one will do!This router(or this IOS) just doesn't want to learn about port numbers.I guess upgrading the IOS will be the final solution.Does anybody have another idea that might work?I will tell you what happened after the upgrade.Thanks for all your help!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content