cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade IOS via throught SERIAL back2back TFTP !?

william2u
Level 1
Level 1

hi frens, i got a 2500 and i wanted to upgrade my IOS throught TFTP or FTP , but i don have the AUI tranceiver. Can i back2back connect my router with my 2621 and upgrade via TFTP throught back2back 2 router. ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi William,

I think you can do so if after connecting back to back and assigning ip on serial interface if you are able to ping your tftp server.

I think you will be connecting your tftp server on 2621 router ethernet interface? If yes just assign a static route on your 2500 to point to the ethernet of the 2621 router exiting via serial interface of 2500.

Try that and update if it works.

Regards,

Ankur

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi William,

I think you can do so if after connecting back to back and assigning ip on serial interface if you are able to ping your tftp server.

I think you will be connecting your tftp server on 2621 router ethernet interface? If yes just assign a static route on your 2500 to point to the ethernet of the 2621 router exiting via serial interface of 2500.

Try that and update if it works.

Regards,

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card