cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Catalyst to 15.2, missing commands from config

J W
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if someone can give me a quick answer to this. I recently upgraded our catalyst from IOS 12.x to 15.2. I noticed that there are some config items that went missing in the upgrade. I am guessing they are depreciated, or unnecessary (as most are 'no' commands) but I want to make sure that their omission will not cause any greif when we go to install the switch. If I try to put the commands back in, they Catalyst looks to take them, but they do not appear in the config when I do a Sh run.

The commands are:

no ip route-cache cef
ip classless  

Under our BGP Config:
no synchronization 
no auto-summary  

Thank you for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When the command is at its default state it will not show in the output of show run.  Depending on the version you are upgrading from the default behavior may have changed.  For example auto-summary had its default behavior changed to disabled in 12.2(8)T. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Richard E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When the command is at its default state it will not show in the output of show run.  Depending on the version you are upgrading from the default behavior may have changed.  For example auto-summary had its default behavior changed to disabled in 12.2(8)T. 

Thank you for your help. I thought it may be something like that.

Hello

You could check the feature as set also by the following commands:

sh ip int x/x | in ip

sh ip protocols

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Keep an eye out for your CPU when using 15.2(2)E.  

I've finished (and marked as EPIC FAIL) testing 15.2(2)E and I would not want to wish this version even to people I abhor.  

We've discovered four IOS bugs/Traceback within eight hours of testing (and countless more during our testing).  

Hi Leo!

I'm curious as to what bugs you've found in15.2?

Wow.  Where do I start? 

The easiest way is to enable 802.1x with PoE phones and watch your phone go nuts! 

Next, play with interface templates and watch your CPU go to the roof.  And then when you try to schedule a reload, guess what happens?  CPU shoots to the moon.  

Ahhhhh ... I love Cisco IOS' QC.  

I love it `cause they introduced new features (Good!) but then the bugs we've encountered could've picked up during Day 1 of testing the IOS.  But it was not.  For the last three years, I've tested numerous IOS in the 15.X range and so far only one stands out.  I can't find any excuse whatsoever to want to try using the new 15.2(2)E.  I hope to see this code improve when it hits 15.2(2)E4 or later.

And for the record, 802.1X and PoE always brings the WORST in an IOS.  Disable both and the appliance works well.  Enable both and you'll learn to swear like a Navy man.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card