cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uplink port changes to orage when copying large amounts of data to a server

abefroman99
Level 1
Level 1

My uplink port changes to orage when copying large amounts of data to a server on that switch, and since thats the uplink port, no servers on that switch will respond. If I unplug the uplink crossover cable and plug it back in, it changes back to green and the switch starts responding again.

I have the uplink port on that switch and the switch connected to it at 1000Mbps Full Duplex and it goes out when I start copy a few gigs of data over to that a server on that switch. Both switchs are 2950's with 2 gigabit ports, the service receiving the data im a copying is on the second gigabit port on the switch that goes bad, and the uplink is the first gigabit port.

Does anyone know what could be causing that? Is there somekind of memory limit or packet limit I could be exceeding?

1 Reply 1

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

For both switches, did you see anything in the logs that can provide us more info? Turn on logging in debug level if you have not done so. Also, show interface output before and after what is the difference?

Regards,

Dandy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card