cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

urgent BGP flapping help

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

Guys we have a WAN connection to a site.....the router installed at Customer is cisco 2850 which has a VPN (at other end)with check point firewall.....so the router at cutomer end is having a vpn connection with check point and at same time having a BGP with a routers (two routers as its redundant) behind that check point firewall......now we have noticed that BGP goes down and comes up few times at night and some time at day time......we have checked WAN link router configs everything but nothing is unusual.......what can be the possible issue.....kindly see the attached doc and advise me as i m going nuts as a support eng :-)

2 Replies 2

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Do you have a digram? Your description seems convoluted.

Also, post the configs.

What are your BGP timers set to on both ends? A Notification is being sent closing the BGP session, usually as a result of lost keepalives.

VL

There are no timers set.......its pretty simple cutomer end router is conected with two routers at core via 8mbps link via bgp as the core has security the router at customer end has a VPN connection to the firewall which sits before the core bgp routers.....and i know that its misisng keepalives and that is the reason i have posted that , that why its doing like that as there are no BGP timers (which means its set to default)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card