Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

urgent cisco 3845 issue..

Dear all,

I have purchased a new cisco router 3845 and i can`t start the router when i power it on in the normal mode either on the rom monitor mode.

It seems it hangs up , the attached shows the last thing appear to me even if i plug on the second power.

It gives no chance to enter anything in both modes.

can you help to solve my problem?

4 Replies 4

kmothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Connect both power cables and provide us output which you are getting in hyper terminal.

With Rgds,

Satish

thanks all for reply,

the problem solved. i tried today to enter to my asa via console the same problem occurs.

so i changed the console cable and it works fine. it is a strange thing as yesterdaty i capture the text via that console.

regards.

panditvinayak
Level 1
Level 1

Seems Your 3845 Router is loading itself through the IOS but somewhere detecting a loss of power supply.

Since you are unable to get into router prompt mode hence it is not possible to check through "sh env".

You can check from here as it seems to be a hardware (power system) issue :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/3800/hardware/installation/guide/38comp.html#wp1022665

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Remove all modules (including the serial interface) and reboot again.

2.  If problem persist, try a different IOS version.  Use the "T" train. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: