Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Urgent Help Needed with ISDN Router!!!!!!!

HI guys, need some urgent advice..

Have a Cisco 3600 which has an ISDN BRI Card installed, also have a 1701 (Think) with an ISDN Bri card. As I understand it now if I have a DR they both kick in and give me 128k connection (2x ISDN2e which is what I have here in the UK)

Although thinking about it the show int bri1/1 shows be the BW = 64K

What I need to do is boost the speed, was thinking of getting more ISDN channels from BT, what kit do I need? Will the Cisco 3600 be able to handle more ISDN traffic or do I need another card? Same for the Cisco 1701 what card is needed for that or do I need to replace it with a better model

Urgent help needed guys so any help would be great...

Ta

Rob

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Urgent Help Needed with ISDN Router!!!!!!!

Hi Rob,

According to the ISDN bandwidth, you have two B channels with 64 kbps each (max. bandwidth 128 kbps).

You can only control the B channels, by default use the First B channel and according to the following command you can inforce the router to use the first B channel and after it is used, use the second B channel.

dialer load-threshold 255 either

From the previous command, after the first B channel overloaded the router will use the second B channel (max 255), and it is triggered from either in or out traffic (either).

I hope this is helpful!

plz. rate if it does! and update me if you have more questions.

Thanks

Abd Alqader

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content