Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT QUESTION-PLEASE REPLY

mmtantawi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

i have the following question regarding the NAT Configuration.

if i have the following IP Address:-

1- Local IP ( 10.1.8.1 / 24 ) .

2- REAL IP ( 64.202.165.92 / 248 ).

Every One Knows we have in NAT Terminology the following Terms :-

1- Inside Local Address, which is Private Network or which is MY LAN IP Address which is 10.1.8.1 .

2- Inside Global Address, which is the legitimate IP Address assigned by the NIC Or the ISP Provider, which is the Real IP Address.

now, the 2 terms which i mention is used only in STATIC ,Dynamic , Overloading NAT.

-----------------------------------------

Now, My question is :-

1- if i have this real IP Address assigned by my ISP, 64.202.88.20 , and i have an Internal WEB SERVER inside My Company and the WEB SITE is on it.

i want to make NAT to let all the People from out side access this Server through NAT it self by http. how can i wrote the IP NAT COMMAND ?

which one is the OUTSIDE LOCAL ADDRESS & which one is the OUTSIDE GLOBAL ADDRESS ?

Please Reply .

2 Replies 2

mrmozaffari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've done this in this way :

I 've used a static nat from inside to inside let say if we have a web-server with local ip address 10.1.8.10 then we can nat this address by "ip nat inside source static 10.1.8.10 64.202.88.20" and then define its ip privat address into a dns server so every time someone from outside needs to call web-server he or she uses the privat ip address.

ip nat inside source static 10.1.8.10 64.202.88.20

Thanks.

rajinikanth
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

you need application nating

10.1.8.x is the ip of LAN having web server running

use this command:

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.1.8.x 80 64.202.88.20 80

syntax:

ip nat inside source static { tcp | udp }

OUTSIDE GLOBAL : 64.202.88.20:80

HTH

Thanks

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card