cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

US to UK connectivity via 2611XM

carlos15
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to establish connectivity between 2 2611XMs using standard WIC DSU T1 V2 serial interfaces between the US and the UK. Line provider tells me the line is good all the way through, but I cannot connect. British Telecom states I might need to change the timeslot allocation but when I did, it made no difference. Any help on this will be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

Do you really have a t1 in the UK? E1 is the standard in the UK. This gets really complex in that they must have a piece of equipment that take the t1 at your site and places inside a e1. At some point it will be taken out of the e1 and place back on a t1 as it enters the US.

There is little you can do. If you have a full t1 you just map all the channels to the interface on both ends and it should work just like a t1 in the US. You really have few options on a t1.

This type of error is almost always a issue with maping of channels between the e1 and t1 in the provider network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card