Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

USB to Seral supporting Control-Break

Does anyone know of a USB-Serial adaptor that supoorts Cisco's Break Sequence (Control-Break)?

Please specify whether it works for PC and/or Mac..

Thanks..

Rob Nockowitz

CCIE #15410

5 REPLIES

Re: USB to Seral supporting Control-Break

Rob,

Here is a link to the one that I use, and works great, and the break sequence works for Windows XP. I can't validate it for a mac...

http://computers.pricegrabber.com/cables-adapters/m/543663/

HTH,

Mark

Thanks Mark..

Can you confirm that you have successfully performed a CONTROL-BREAK on a Cisco Router?

Thanks..

Rob Nockowitz

CCIE #15140

Rob,

I can confirm it works on Cisco routers. Although I use tera term and the break sequence for that works fine.

Mark

Rob,

we've used the Belkin f5u409 usb-serial adapter with great success on XP and windows family. The only issue you may run into is that the COM port assigned goes up to COM20 in some applications , so you'll have to verify which COM connection you're actually on.

Hmm..

I have the Belkin F5U409, with the current drivers from Belkin's website.. I cannot perform a break sequence..

Are you sure that you have used yours to break into a Cisco Router? If so, what is the version of the drivers you are running?

Thanks..

Rob Nockowitz

CCIE #15410

Views
Helpful
Replies