cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using autoinstall

skieffer
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup autoinstall on a frame relay connection where the "existing" router is configured with subinterfaces. I configured the existing router as cisco documentation suggests which works up to a point. The new router gets it's ip address and host name from a dns server but can not download the file I have in the tftp directory. The tftp server is stating "could not open requested file for reading" The files I have in the tftp directory are cisconet.cfg with the minimum config, I also have network-confg with the same config as cisconet.cfg In addtion I have the newrouter config file.

Currently I can ping the newrouter IP address but can not telnet to it since no password is set ( I need to be able to download the minimum configuration)

SKief

2 Replies 2

vladrac-ccna
Level 5
Level 5

Is there any permission set for this file on your HD?

I think you should check the host where this file lies firts , before looking for network issues.

vlad

Thanks for your reply. I can download the file ok when I put in the route on the new router back to the tftp server, but I would think I would not have to do that. This makes me believe the permissions are ok on the file.

skief

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card