Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

using autoinstall

I am trying to setup autoinstall on a frame relay connection where the "existing" router is configured with subinterfaces. I configured the existing router as cisco documentation suggests which works up to a point. The new router gets it's ip address and host name from a dns server but can not download the file I have in the tftp directory. The tftp server is stating "could not open requested file for reading" The files I have in the tftp directory are cisconet.cfg with the minimum config, I also have network-confg with the same config as cisconet.cfg In addtion I have the newrouter config file.

Currently I can ping the newrouter IP address but can not telnet to it since no password is set ( I need to be able to download the minimum configuration)

SKief

2 REPLIES

Re: using autoinstall

Is there any permission set for this file on your HD?

I think you should check the host where this file lies firts , before looking for network issues.

vlad

Re: using autoinstall

Thanks for your reply. I can download the file ok when I put in the route on the new router back to the tftp server, but I would think I would not have to do that. This makes me believe the permissions are ok on the file.

skief

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content