cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using IOS router as micro web server

PETER NEGUS
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to set up an IOS router so that it can serve a couple of test web pages for users?  I have a guest login VPN that I would like to have an test page so that I can check connectivity prior to investigating issues with the internet proxy or firewall, and don't want to expose a server to the network.

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I guess you could enable HTTP on the router and copy the pages/images to the proper directy on flash. This is assuming you have the web image on the

router already.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

pnegus wrote:

Is there any way to set up an IOS router so that it can serve a couple of test web pages for users?  I have a guest login VPN that I would like to have an test page so that I can check connectivity prior to investigating issues with the internet proxy or firewall, and don't want to expose a server to the network.

Sure, most routers support SDM which is a web based interface for managing/configuring the router so you could test by seeing if the users could get to the front page - no need to give them config access

See this link for SDM support on routers -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1092

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card