Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Using of BGP routing protocol

Hi all

I am a newbie in BGP, although i know BGP therotically. I have some curious questions

1. Can some BGP guru help to give a real life example in which a company will use BGP ?

2. With regard to AS, can someone also help to eloborate a situation in which a company need more than one AS ?

THanks in Advance

Alan

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Using of BGP routing protocol

I believe the doc. in below link can help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/tk80/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

Please do some research and there are lots of information in the Internet.

Some company have Internet access may use BGP, the service provider may use more than one AS. It really depends on requirement and hard to tell.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info

Hi,

Since we use BGP extensively on our Regional and Branch Offices across the world. I can surely say that we find BGP more suitable than other Routing Protocols because of the flexibility to modify how the Routes Selection and/or Route Advertisments would take place.

The PBR in BGP could be achieved through following ways:-

1.AS Path Access-List

2.Prefix List

3.Distribute List

4.Route Maps

Which gets extensively flexible when combined with the combinations of the BGP Attribs.

2. You need to use multiple AS whenever you want the Policies of the BGP to be in effect for a particular region or to a group of routers and require another set of Attribs for a different region.

I have tried to answer your queries in the respect, however please feel free to revert back in case you want more info.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

PS: Please rate if it helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies