Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyone using WIC-2T @8/8Mbps or @4/4Mbps with 2621XM/2801

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Are you interested in multilink(bundling) concept here with the WIC-2T cards ?

if so do revert the no of cards u have got installed in the routers.

WIC-2T which contains 2 smart serial ports can support upto 2Mbps per port which can be bundled and availed as 4Mbps in total..

regds

Hi spremkumar,

Happy to see the forum active and have a quick response.

Actually I want to use one port but for more bandwidth.

===================

Here is the summary part from WIC-2T card technical specification[

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/107/wic-2t.shtml ]:

"

Synchronous support with a maximum speed of 2.048 Mbps per port.

*Supports one port at 8 Mbps when used in NM-1FE1R2W, NM-1FE2W, NM-2FE2W, or NM-2W, or Cisco 2600 chassis WIC slots. All other WIC ports on that network module or Cisco 2600 chassis must not be used.

*Supports two ports at 4 Mbps each when used in NM-1FE1R2W, NM-1FE2W, NM-2FE2W, or NM-2W, or Cisco 2600 chassis WIC slots. All other WIC ports on that network module or Cisco 2600 chassis must not be used.

"

====================

The line "Supports one port at 8 Mbps when used in Cisco 2600 chassis WIC slots." interested me most.

"All other WIC ports on that network module or Cisco 2600 chassis must not be used" encourages the earlier statement and confirms that it's without additional module which may save a big amount.

We've Cisco 2621XM and I'm using one WIC-1T only with it. By the way I've a 2801 also where I'm using one WIC-1T with it. All other slots are free in both of the routers.

I'll be happy if you could help me on this issue.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi

The max speed supported by single port on WIC-2T card is 2Mbps(2048Kbps),i feel its the total aggregate which u can get with those ports and as per my understanding if u use 2 WIC-2T cards installed in any of these Network modules NM-1FE1R2W, NM-1FE2W, NM-2FE2W, or NM-2W you can bundle all the 4*2Mbps to have single 8Mbps logical link(resultant bandwidth),this is in addition to the extra fastethernet or token ring ports available with those modules.

Also with WIC-2T cards installed in those network modules you can bundle them as 2 different logical interface and get 2*4Mbps with them again along the additional ethernet or optional token ring interface..

regds

Hi,

So what is meant by "supports one port at 8 Mbps when used in Cisco 2600 chassis WIC slots".

I want to use one of the ports of WIC-2T to connect with my Comtech CDM 600 satellite modem for 4Mbps(+) traffic.

Do you think it's possible?

I'm aware of that I could do it with HWIC-4T which is not handy right now. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card