Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends

Router 3662A - My WAN router

Router 3662B - My other WAN router

1 ISP 2 - 512KBPS WAN LINKS

I AM USING Router A - My WAN router

AND Router B - My OTHER WAN router IS IDEAL

NOW MY BRANCH OFFICES ARE INCREASING I WANT TO UTILIZE BOTH LINKS HOW CAN I CONFIGURE THE TWO ROUTERS GLBP OR LOAD SHARING PLEASE SUGGUEST.

6 Replies 6

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

With minimal config you can achieve load balancing with GLBP but thats subjected to your chassis supports the same..

Also you can configure MHSRP to have load balancing on both your links connected on 2 different boxes.

But before all you need to make sure that your boxes supports the features..

regds

mukthar786
Level 1
Level 1

hello friends,

i am using IPMPLS/VPN WAN LINK

Hi,

If i were you i would use MHSRP.

In brief, in order to utilize both paths from the host network to the server network, you can configure Multigroup HSRP (MHSRP) between R1 and R2. Essentially, R1 is configured with two HSRP groups (for example, group 1 and group 2) and R2 is also configured with the same HSRP groups. For group 1, R1 is the active router and R2 is the standby router. For group 2, R2 is the active router and R1 is the standby router. Then you configure half of the hosts' default gateways with the HSRP group 1 virtual IP address, and the other half of the hosts' default gateways with the HSRP group 2 virtual IP address.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094e90.shtml

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi

In this case best best would be connect both the links on a single router and have the traffic load balanced between them.

Thats the best way out since your other end will be your SP where it will be terminating onto their PE routers which they may not be interested in customizing the config for a single customer...

regds

Hi,

I agree with Edwin, working for a SP my self:) we don't like our customers asking for many special modifications - but we do support our customers in such scenarios (the customer requires redundant boxes), so you'll have to check with your SP in order for him to route group 1 to R1 as the best route and a backup route to R2 and vice versa, if you have problems with your SP you'd have to put both links on the same router (load balancing the traffic with CEF on a single router would be perfect).

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card