Views
Helpful
Replies

Very Important:how to remove login

minimintu
Level 1
Level 1

help me out in this:

i am doing some testing on router for ISDN caller ID.after testing i want that nobody should see what commands i have given on the router, even if i have removed all commands. is there any command like clear login??

plz help me out

9 Replies 9

arvindchari
Level 3
Level 3

The default command histroy buffer size I believe is 20 commands. I really dont know if it can be erased.

What you can do is execute 20 commands like

ping 1.1.1.1

sh ver

and 18 other not so "confidential" commands and fill up the buffer :)

You can view what is in the buffer using the command "history" or hitting the up arrow key (recall previous command)

The best way to ensure your objective would be reloading the router as this would clear all buffers in memory.

HTH

Please rate posts that help.

Regards

Arvind

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

You can start by doing a 'clear logging'.

Once you log out of the router on any terminal or console line, anyone else logging in will not be able to recall any commands that you have entered.

Just hope that commands are not being loggged to a syslog server !

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Hey I dint know that!! :D

10x

Arvind

That, of course, only works as long as you have not forgotten to remove any configuration commands that you had entered during the session :-)

we have syslog server.

is there any way these commands will not be reflected in syslog server???

You will have to have administrative access to the syslog server to be able to delete logs from it.

HTH

Please rate posts that help

Regards

Arvind

If your config is set up to log commands (which is not default behaviour), then what you can do is remove the config statements that enable that when you start playing with the box and then put them back in once you are done.

Once something is written to a syslog server, it stays written unless you have access to the server and can edit the log files.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Hi there Paresh (and the original questioneer),

Just a clarification.. I believe the command history (a somewhat limited, but yet extensive) is logged anyway in the router and will be displayed in a crashinfo file. I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to use the "write core" command to get this info or if the router actually needs to crash on it's own..

Did it help? If so, please rate it.

haris.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

when u are playing with the box make sure that u issue no logging comand in the configuration mode so that ur command will not log to any server & once u are done put the logging back to the syslog

regards

Haris

pls rate the post if it helps.......

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card