cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

very slow when installing something from the internet

SMRHosting
Level 1
Level 1

We have a our users on a 40mb X 5mb connection. I noticed when installing an application from the internet this router installs at like 650kb our old router would install the same application at aroun 1.2mb I did some tests switching them out on the weekend when there was virtually no traffic. The old router didnt do packet inspection and there was some basic http packet inspection going on. My current theory is that is the cause but I havent been able to confirm it. Could anything else be causing it or are there some connection config settings that commonly cause the problem that I might not know about? The old router was a netgear running dd-wrt

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

And your new router is what, did you configure it yourself ?

Sorry I thought I had that in the title. The new router is a Cisco 1921 K9. I did configure it myself.

Remove all the inspect and firewall commands.

charliediebel
Level 1
Level 1

First thing would be to check that the interface your switch port and the upstream switch port are hard set...not auto negotiating

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco