Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewing etherchannel

rhltechie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have set up an etherchannel on my 2821 with the two gig interfaces. when i view the port-channel, i see the following:

No. of active members in this channel: 2

Member 0 : GigabitEthernet0/0 , Full-duplex, 100Mb/s

Member 1 : GigabitEthernet0/1 , Full-duplex, 100Mb/s

But when I do a "show etherchannel detail" it is blank. is there a reason it does not show up with this command but does when i view the int?

TIA,

R

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

While I am not 100% sure about this, I believe that the 'show etherchannel' command is applicable when using the ethernet switching modules on the router (layer 2 etherchannel) while the 'show interfaces port-channel' command is used for layer 3 etherchannels....

Paresh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

While I am not 100% sure about this, I believe that the 'show etherchannel' command is applicable when using the ethernet switching modules on the router (layer 2 etherchannel) while the 'show interfaces port-channel' command is used for layer 3 etherchannels....

Paresh

ah! this would make perfect sense as all of the other etherchannels i have done have been layer 2. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card