Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vlan across WAN Setup

I need to migrate some servers and in order to do this properly I need to migrate them with the correct IP. Instead of setting them up offsite I would like to setup at my HQ. I setup a vlan on our main stack and it diverted traffic and killed routing to the offsite. Can you help me set this up poperly? I'm scratching my head here.

This is what I have:

HQ LAN Main Stack

IP 172.22.1.1

Cisco 3750

|

|

10/100 Connection

|

|

HQ Wan Stack

Cisco 7204VXR

E 172.22.1.8

S 172.22.136.2

|

|

T1 Connection

|

|

Offsite Router

Cisco 1760

S 172.22.136.1

E 172.22.36.1

I thought I could just setup a VLAN on my 172.22.1.1 stack to point to 172.22.36.5. I associate a port and plugged in a laptop. I got an IP but then it didn't know how to route...and then all traffic to the offsite location got fudged.

I'm sure this is easy, and that it can be done. I'm just touch much of a noob to figure it out. I've read documentation but I'm still scratch my head.

Any one out there do this before?

2 REPLIES

Re: Vlan across WAN Setup

The only way that I know of sending vlans across the WAN is with an MPLS network. Could you setup a layer 2 vlan without routing or do you need to move data from the old servers to the new servers? I will keep looking.

Re: Vlan across WAN Setup

I need to move data. Need to make it think that the new server is sitting on the network. Thanks for checking!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content