Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Vlan connection between 3560 and ESW 520

Hi All,

I have a Cisco 3560 switch which is already connected to my network and an ESW 520 8-port switch (POE) which i just got.

I have about 5VLANs configured on the 3560switch which includes a voice vlan.The voice vlan is in vlan 300.

Firstly,i observed that i could not create or change the default Cisco voice vlan on the ESW which is in Vlan 100.My voice vlan for the 3560 switch is in vlan 300.So i need to change the ESW 520 voice vlan to 300 or even create another one which i have not been able to do.

Secondly,the Vlans on the 3560 switch are not been propagated to the ESW 520 because i need to put users connecting to the ESW 520 to the same Vlans on the 3560 switch.

I configured the Gigabit port on the ESW 520 to the 3560 switch as a trunk port but vlans are not still propagated.

So,i configured vlans manually on the ESW 520 but each time i assign a port to be part of a particular vlan i observed it doesnt still attach that port to the vlan.

Also,users connected to the ESW 520 cannot receive dynamic IP address.

What could really be wrong?

I need someone's idea.

Thanks in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content