Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN database / config mode

faxfan2002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 6509E switch running a sup720 on 12.2(18)SXD6.

When creating VLAN's in config mode they do not appear in the show vlan output nor are they activated (no shut) - const_nvram:vlan.dat is also not updated.

Creating them in vlan database mode does activate the vlan, it shows in show vlan and vlan.dat is updated. You can then configure the vlan in config mode - however when you do so i.e. add an ip address vlan.dat does not get updated.

I'm assuming that if the switch does reboot and the vlan.dat and the config files do not match that vlan.dat will be used and the vlan configuration will revert or any configuration done in config mode will not be present. I'm pretty sure this is not normal - any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Fax,

my answer might be silly, but just to inform you, did you mention it as "vtp server"? because changes will be in effect only if you make it as "vtp server". for better understanding can you post the things what you have done so far including the output?

a catos / ios / ios upgrade issue... sorry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: