cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan for voice and vlan for data with diferent ISP best choice of config??

oortizvi1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Im, Oscar

At our company we have a redundant ISP connection to two separate ISP's.

We are also using VoIP on the network.

Currently one ISP connection is used primarily and the second on is just used as a backup.

I was wondering if it is possible to use the first connection primarily for data traffic and the second connection for VoIP traffic?

We use different VLAN's for voice and data.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Yes, for egress.  Ingress is "it depends".

You could also consider using both links for both kinds of traffic.

So it's fine if I configure 2 routers with  2 NAT with the diferent public ip's? its the correct structure? for the outging traffic.

Thks..

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If you're using NAT, return traffic will come back on the NAT'ed interface.

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

what routing protocol do you use? or ip sla ?

what are you asking is possible in any case

Voip protocol is SIP. 

The 1st Carrier or ISP that i have its a microwave connection and it have 2 public ip address, this one its for VOIP and have 4MB of 

The 2nd carrier its a E1 connection and have 2 MB of banthwith and 4 public ip address.

I want the 2 ISP for different traffic, I want to had1 GW for Voice (Carrier 1) and 1 GW for data (carrier 2)

What its the best kind of configuration that I need too do?

The router its a 1900.

Thanks in advance!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card