cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vlan not active in a domain, how can be changed it?

antilope1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have a port-channel connecting 2 Catalyst 6509 working as a trunk with next configuration:

interface Port-channel1
 description INTERCONEX
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport mode trunk
 no ip address
 mls qos trust dscp
end

From this configuration, it is supposed all vlans are passing by the trunk, but when I check the etherchannel better:

CENTRAL-1#sh inter port-channel 1 trunk

Port          Mode         Encapsulation  Status        Native vlan
Po1           on           802.1q         trunking      1

Port          Vlans allowed on trunk
Po1           1-4094

Port          Vlans allowed and active in management domain
Po1           1,3-5,7-11,15,20-25,49-50,70,100,115,132,147,168,208,215-217,225

Port          Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned

vlan 10 seems not to be active, although it is in fact. Traffic is being routed to this vlan and it appears as active in a "show vlan brief".

I have tried to forcé the vlan 10 to be configured in the trunk with a "switchport trunk allowed vlan add 10" and "switchport trunk allowed vlan all", but it does not change, it does not make any difference.

Could anybody help me with this?

Thank you very much.

***************************29/04/14

Hi guys,

I can't answer to your replies, it is not allowed for me to do it (that is why I am changing my question). Well, I have rated pompeychimes' answer as correct as it is. I have not noticed that indeed vlan 10 is included. I have mismatched this as I had some problems with this vlan. Sorry for the mistake. This is not a problem. I did not realize.

Dbloom, yes, there are several ports on this vlan in the "sh vlan br" and it appears as active (simply I have mismatched with the output of "sh int port-channel 1 trunk", maybe a bit swamped with the original problem which was other).

One question:

When you rate an answer as correct, is it possible to answer replies? For me, the space to do it, appears as grey and it is not permitted to enter any text. I attach an image as it appears.

Thank you for being so quick in your replies!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

Looks like its forwarding from your output...

Maybe i misunderstood the question?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dbloom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - can you post the output of show vlan brief?  

Are there any access ports in VLAN 10?

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

Looks like its forwarding from your output...

Maybe i misunderstood the question?

What do you mean it is not active?From the trunk , as poppey friend said, it passes as expected.

Yes, guys. I had a confussion, it was a mismatch, there was no problem with VLAn 10. It is permitted and passing. 

I don't know if you have seen my other answer on the original question as I could not answer with IE. 

Thank you again. 

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you rate an answer as correct, is it possible to answer replies? For me, the space to do it, appears as grey and it is not permitted to enter any text. I attach an image as it appears.

If you are using IE as your broswer this is a known bug. I had the same problem.

I switched to Firefox and it works fine.

Google Chrome also works.

Jon

Hello Jon, 

Thank you very much. Yes, it is right. With google chrome I can answer. 

Thank you to everybody. There was no problem indeed with VLAN 10, it was my confussion. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: