cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Modules for Cisco 2811 and Cisco 3845.

mukundh86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I had already posted for voice modules for cisco 2811 but  not able to find it. But here are a few questions regarding i

1. I am trying to configure a cisco 2811 with FXS ports . I am using an NM-HD-2V with a VIC3-2FXS. Please let me know if I am using the right modules. Also I believe we need PVDM mosules installed in the NM-HD-2V. We have PVDM-12 modules. Will that work or  is 2811 compatible only with PVDM2-xx modules.

2. We are also trying to configure a cisco 2811 with PRI port. We plan to use an NM-HD-2V and a VWIC-1MFT-T1/E1. Please let me know if they are correct and if we need only PVDM2-xx modules.

3. Also we are trying to configure a cisco 3845 with PRI and we plan to use the same as in 2811 that is NM-HD-2V, VWIC-1MFT-T1/E1. And here also we are not sure if we need only PVDM2-xx DSP modules.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. ISR routers like 2811 don't need NM-HDV. Only PVDM2-xx and voice VIC.

2. as 1

3. as 1 and 2.

mukundh86
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the update Paolo

1. Where do I install the PVDM2 for the 2811 ? I was assuming it has to be installed on the NM-HDV. Also if no NM HDV is needed, do I inset the VIC in one of the HWIC slots?

Also, can you please let me know under what circumstances are NMHDV2 used in 2811s and 3845s?

You can check the hardware installation manual for reference.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Thanks a lot Paulo. Iam expecting to do that this week and shall let you know the results.

Thanks

Mukundh

Hi Paulo,

I installed the VIC3-4FXS on one of the HWIC ports and also installed a PVDM2 on the router board. i see both of them in sh diag , but the voice FXS interfaces are not showing up in sh ver or the sh voice port. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks

Mukundh

Hello,

I tried a different IOS  and it is working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card