Views
Helpful
Replies

VPDN aware VRF in AS5350

altorres75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know if it's possible to implement vrfs for grouping different L2TP tunnels in an AS5350.

Thanks,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alex,

No we use AS5350s for LAC, but our LNS is a Cisco 7200VXR, but according to Cisco Feature Navigator the AS5350s can be used as LNS.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

AFAIK, VPDN design needs a LAC(AS) and LNS (PE router).

A virtual private dial-up network (VPDN) allows a private network dial in service to span across to remote access servers (defined as the L2TP Access Concentrator [LAC]).

When a Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) client dials into a LAC, the LAC determines that it should forward that PPP session on to an L2TP Network Server (LNS) for that client. The LNS then authenticates the user and starts the PPP negotiation. Once PPP setup has completed, all frames are sent through the LAC to the client and the LNS (where the clients joins his VRF).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk703/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094586.shtml

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Mohammed,

The title I posted is wrong, it should be VRF aware VPDN.

Your explanation is right, there is an AS5350 that works as an LAC and I have another AS5350 that will work as an LNS. I want to know if the one working as an LNS is able to finish the L2TP tunnels in different VRFs.

thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, this is exactly what we are doing in our production network, customer VPDN sites dial in to the LAC and join the customer VRF on the LNS over the L2TP tunnel.

We are accomplishing this via the CAR (Cisco Access Registar - Cisco's RADIUS server), which by using Cisco-AVPair binds the customer virtual-access to the customer VRF.

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Mohammed,

so you mean you have AS5350s for LAC and LNS?

thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

No we use AS5350s for LAC, but our LNS is a Cisco 7200VXR, but according to Cisco Feature Navigator the AS5350s can be used as LNS.

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card