Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Tunnel to outside point ot point

I have cisco 2911 routers. It is configured to the outside through ATT. I am wanting vendors to come in through point to point using VPN. I have Fortient Firewall but that is open to Internet using VPN. I want to shut that down and use point to point VPN. Any suggestion.

Thanks all

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

VPN Tunnel to outside point ot point

Hi,

You can have internet and vpn on same router, but is better to have separate router for that function. If you have budget, it would be ideal to have separate internet circuit for partner and normal internet traffic. The idea is to reduce the level of impact when there is any failure, and make it easy to troubleshoot.

The config should be normal, based on the process order of operation, the router will process VPN traffic first if it matches the ACL for encryption. The unmatch packets will be routed/natted normally. Do you have more specific question regarding the config?

HTH,

Lei Tian

Views
Helpful
Replies