Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF Aware IPSEC Tunnels

Hi Folks,

I am looking for a way to consolidate multiple VPN routers in to a single endpoint.  From what I can tell the max VPN tunnels on a 3945E is 3000, but since these are customer tunnnels with overlapping address space I need to create VRF Aware IPSEC tunnels.  I came accross the article below that indicates 75 VRFs are recommended on a 3945E.  However this article references MPLS switching.   Are there similar numbers if we are just doing VRF-Lite?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6557/prod_white_paper0900aecd8051fbdc.html

Thanks,

Chris Pomeroy

1 Reply 1

lmediavilla
Level 1
Level 1

if you have just one public interface you can't have serveral vrfs on one interface. The article explains a regular MP-BGP

if you are the customer and you can connect to your ISP on a trunk link using different logical interfaces yes you can have one vrf on each interface and the ISP will route your vrfs through his BGP core

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card