Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

VRF Links

I am looking for some VRF links. I am setting up a MPLS network via Qwest Enhanced port, DIA and MPLS on same circuit. I am bringing in 2 circuits and running vrf on my edge. Each circuit will be going to 2 different edge routers running bgp with the peer, and ibgp internally. I am sending default routes to my internal switch running layer 3 via ibgp and doing some sort of load sharing across the links. I have it all working via dia.

I now need to add this next layer and will be doing so via VRF but I do not know where to start. I have started looking for links but as most of us know searching for doc via cisco search is not always the easiest solution!

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: VRF Links

From what I understand from your post, you are configuring the ISP facing interfaces under a VRF while leaving your internal network under the global routing table.

If that's the case, you will need route-leaking

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk832/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080231a3e.shtml

Any reason for this kind of design?

__

Edison.

Silver

In my design I have 2 edge routers.

These two edge routers are running ibgp between 2 4948 switches sending default routes only and I will be doing some load sharing to the edge. From the Edge I have 2 ds3's I am bringing in from Qwest on enhanced ports. These circuits are capable of having mpls AND dia on the same line (via frame connection).

In the midst of this set-up I will not have a dedicated mpls line instead I will have the ability to use both lines in dia AND mpls at the same time. I will have a cir set for mpls and the ability to burst above the cir as long as the bandwidth is available. The reason for this design is high availability and dr set-up.

With this set-up I was told I needed to set up VRF to get my traffic sent appropriately to the correct access.

I was going to create a MPLS vrf and a DIA vrf. With no knowledge of vrf I needed a starting point so I knew what I was looking for.

If there is an easier way then I am open to it.

Basically I need the ability to load share mpls across 2 links as well as load share my dia. If vrf is the way to go then I am up for the challenge. If it is another method then I am up for that too.

Hall of Fame Super Bronze

I'm not sure how you are planning to load share among 2 different routing tables. I believe this project requires professional onsite assistance and 'white boarding' so you won't miss any business/technical requirement.

It's not something that you can learn on an internet forum.

___

Edison.

Views
Helpful
Replies