Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VRF-Lite with NAT routing & leaking

Hello,

I'm trying to get one device to contact multiple devices in random subnets. To make sure this will always work I want to use NAT so that the customer in a random subnet does not clash with my own subnet. To make a connection to the customer I want to use VRF-Lite so they won't be able to see eachother.

I have configured this in GNS3, attached you will find a screenshot. I am able to get VRF working and I am able to get NAT working. But when I combine NAT with VRF it is not working.

You can see that I ping from the global routing and get NAT'ted into VRF1 which sends me to the customer. The customer replies to the address and uses a static route to get back to VRF1. Sadly VRF1 does not have a route back to the host in global routing.

Thoughts?

-Bryan

• WAN Routing and Switching
Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY

VRF-Lite with NAT routing & leaking

Hello,

To help other people with the same problem: The solution is not to go back from VRF1 to global routing but to exchange global routing for a management VRF. Routing between VRF's is possible with route leaking.

-Bryan

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.