Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

VRFs over WAN with MPLS

Hi All,

Looking for some help in regards to how best to tackle an issue

New 4500-X switches at Site A are running in VSS mode, and will connect to a 3925 router (also at Site A).that connects over a WAN to a router at Site B.

Site B runs MPLS with multiple VRFs connecting to Site C and we would like the connection between Site A and B to run MPLS with multiple VRFs.

The 4500Xs will have multiple SVIs and the idea was to run multiple VRFs on here (ip vrf forwarding....) but I dont know how this will work with the 3925 that it connects to. The ultimate solution is to have VRFs configured at Site A and B and have connectivity end to end in respective VRF.

Site B currently using router on a stick and the sub interfaces on the router are configured for vrf forwarding.. but at Site A Id like to bring the VRF gateways on the core switch (4500X) on the SVI..

Any thoughts?

SITE A                                   SITE A                                 SITE A                                                            SITE B                     SITE B

EdgeSWH --------------45000x (VSS)--------------------3925Router --------- ** WAN ** ----------------- 7206--------------------3750

Thanks,

Jason

4 REPLIES

Re: VRFs over WAN with MPLS

EDIT: No subinterfaces allowed on routed ports on the 4500X

What about L3 link between 4500 - 3925 with a VRF for each subinterface and allow MPLS on the 3925? I cant think how else to do it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bronze

Jason ,

I am not sure what kind of design you want. However if you have your own core then ideally i would like to have the following desgin.

Site A ( PE )---------------IBGP------------------ SIte B ( PE )

You wan can work as core and can use the traditinal way of running MPLS. Use 4500 as PE router and 3925 as core router. You dont need to make any VRf;s there just enable MPLS and let them do label swap.

Thanks

Vinay

Bronze

Please read IBGP as MP-BGP.

Thanks

Vinay

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content