cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vtp controlling vlans

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

i have a switch.i created vlans 3,4,5,6 on it.it has 3 routes to reach to the core switch.i want that the vlans what i created should only be advetise on which route i want.the vlans shold not be advertise on all routes

---

Posted by WebUser Umair Zia

4 Replies 4

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I am afraid I do not understand your description of the problem completely. However, the VTP only serves to advertise the VLAN numbers and names to all switches within a VTP domain. There is no way to tell VTP that a particular VLAN should not be advertised to a particular switch within a VTP domain, and VTP is not related in any way to routing between VLANs.

Best regards,

Peter

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

sorry not routes .PATHS

---

Hello,

I am afraid I do not understand what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to have different VLANs defined on different switches? Or are you trying to use different links for different VLANs so that each VLAN uses different physical connections?

In order to understand you better, I need to see your network topology. Please include the switches and their interconnections in the exhibit, and explain in the exhibit your requirement on the VLANs you want to achieve.

Best regards,

Peter

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

HI, Thanks for the reply.I am trying to use different links for different VLANs but not a seperate link for each VLAN.if i have 4 links going from the core switch and i have say vlans 3-20 vlans on my core switch.i want that vlans 3,4,5,6,7,8 should go through 2 paths and rest of the vlans on the other 2 paths.can it be possible?

---

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card