Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VWIC-2MFT-T1 clocking in 2811

I had planned on putting: clock source line independent on each controller but "independent" isn't recognized. I am planning on using multilink with 6 T1s between two identical 2811 with one side as internal and the other as line. I understand that if I don't use "independent" then clocking will be off as there is only one clocking port on the dual t1 VWIC-2MFT-t1. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: VWIC-2MFT-T1 clocking in 2811

The 'independent' keyword is only available on the 2nd gen VWIC cards: VWIC2-2MFT-T1E1.

Since all connections are between the same routers, no need to clock independently on each line. Put one side as 'clock source internal' for all links, and the other side will be 'clock source line' for all links. Since the oscillator is shared for the whole chassis, the clock coming in all 6 links will be the same.

2 REPLIES
Silver

The 'independent' keyword is only available on the 2nd gen VWIC cards: VWIC2-2MFT-T1E1.

Since all connections are between the same routers, no need to clock independently on each line. Put one side as 'clock source internal' for all links, and the other side will be 'clock source line' for all links. Since the oscillator is shared for the whole chassis, the clock coming in all 6 links will be the same.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

A great, simple answer by a fellow CSE that I've rated '5' above.

Views
Helpful
Replies