cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 and VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE.

ConstanceS
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2800 (2821) series router the company wants to open a small branch office of about 30 users, given the time frames they need to have this office up and running in 4 weeks hence I was asked to use this old router for wan connectivity, the site will use video conferencing and has a very relaxed IT policy, YouTube and Facebook are open, Skype and Skype for Business is used daily for collaboration. The router currently has 3 cards installed in it,  1x VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 and a 2x VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE.

Q1. are these cards solely used for voice?

Q2. Will I be able to connect to an ISP with these however they seem to be limmited to ISDN connectivity to ISP?

Q3. For the short term I need to get them on the internet can I do this using this configuration of hardware?

Q4. We hope to later integrate this site into our company MPLS.

1 Reply 1

Q1. are these cards solely used for voice?
NO

Q2. Will I be able to connect to an ISP with these however they seem to be limmited to ISDN connectivity to ISP?
You can connect T1 or E1 or BRI (ISDN) only with these cards. For ethernet termination, you need to use onboard ports

Q3. For the short term I need to get them on the internet can I do this using this configuration of hardware?
Yes based on the link type as mentioned in answer of Q2

Q4. We hope to later integrate this site into our company MPLS.\
Yes based on the link type as mentioned in answer of Q2
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card