Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN + GETVPN Design Question

Jaber.Essam_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can anybody tell me, is it best practice to have GM and WAN Agg routers combined in one router in DC, instead of having GM router behind the WAN Agg router ?

If the best practice to have WAN Agg router and GM router separated ? can you please tell me, why?

Thanks in advance!

Jaber

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello.

I would say: it depends :)

If you have enough capacity on one router  to do all the job - why not then, as high availability (in case of 2 routers) in the design should be achieved via routing protocol.

But if you need special QoS settings on Agg routers (that might be CE) or even a PFR, then it would be a good idea to dedicate a router for GM role.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A GM router is?

GETVPN components are Group Member (GM) routers and Key server routers (KS)

Hello.

I would say: it depends :)

If you have enough capacity on one router  to do all the job - why not then, as high availability (in case of 2 routers) in the design should be achieved via routing protocol.

But if you need special QoS settings on Agg routers (that might be CE) or even a PFR, then it would be a good idea to dedicate a router for GM role.

Hello,

Thank you vasilii for your reply, valid point,

also my opinion, router with high spics can handle both roles ( GM, WAN Agg with Qos), valid approach !

Thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card