Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WAN GigE - L3 switch

Hello,

I'm designing a 5-sites MAN with a star topology around a central Cisco 3750 switch.

I am looking for a simple CPE with routing features (EIGRP) and HSRP (but no QoS and no NAT) that could treat a 1xGbps WAN rate (GigabiEthernet link between the CPE and the central switch).

Is a L3 switch like a 3750 (24TS 10/100 + 2 SFP + Enhanced Multilayer Image) enough for my need ? Or should I choose something else ?

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Baptiste

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: WAN GigE - L3 switch

jbluciani wrote:

Hello,

I'm designing a 5-sites MAN with a star topology around a central Cisco 3750 switch.

I am looking for a simple CPE with routing features (EIGRP) and HSRP (but no QoS and no NAT) that could treat a 1xGbps WAN rate (GigabiEthernet link between the CPE and the central switch).

Is a L3 switch like a 3750 (24TS 10/100 + 2 SFP + Enhanced Multilayer Image) enough for my need ? Or should I choose something else ?

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Baptiste

Jean-Baptiste

With the requirements you have listed then yes a 3750 as the CPE device would be absolutely fine for your requirements.

Jon

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: WAN GigE - L3 switch

I'd consider a 3750E or 3750X.

Views
Helpful
Replies