Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN interface errors

glenn_sptq
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

At what point should I become concerned about WAN interface errors? Are they to be expected on circuits with a high load? I searched briefly for a thread that touched upon this but I didn't find any hard numbers. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

I suggest you can seach the "troubleshoot" related doc. in CCO that will describe the situation and how to solve it.

Hope this helps.

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

i would suggest being concerned about WAN interface errors whenever you see them.

the point will be to determine whether the errors are intermittent and not severe, for example due to a circuit being fixed, moved, etc. by a telco; or if the errors are a real problem.

if this was the case, then the errors encountered would not be of much concern because when the telco work was completed, the errors would have ceased.

if you encounter errors sporadically during times of what you consider normal operation and no issues on the circuit or work on it have happened, then you would need to do your troubleshooting to find the problem and resolve it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card