Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WAN Issue

I am having a serious issue with my WAN router. I have an outlook webserver that has both private and public address.

Here is the connection:

webserver------>switch------>router----->internet

The private address is what LAN user use to access the webserver while anybody on the internet use the public address.

The issue am having is that I can send mail from my LAN to the internet using this webserver but i don`t get to receive mails.

I did a test and sent mail from my webserver which is seyi@tablefurnitures.com to my hotmail which is sameoj@hotmail.com and verse versal but to my surprise i checked both mails, in my hotmail i got the mail "seyi@tablefurnitures.com subject test but i didn`t get the mail I sent from hotmail to seyi@tablefurnitures.com

Where did i get it wrong, can someone please help me.

Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: WAN Issue

Are you able to ping the web server from outside and try to telnet to port 25 from outside to your web server. This will test the connectivity. I guess the problem you are telling is most probably with your Server setting rather than WAN router configuration.

Views
Helpful
Replies