Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN LINK

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

HI!

I need to configure 2 routers(each one BACK up to each others)for WAN Connection & FOR gateway redanduncy.the connection is 2 radio link to the HO.I NEED To implement a redundancy link if one fail the other will takes over.also i need HSRP IN MY NETWORK.HOW CAN I ACHIVE THAT?CONFIGURATION IT WILL VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

10XS FOR UR HELP

ALI

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ali,

Yes you are right. How will you take the 2 fiber connection from each router? You will be having one single ethernet on which you are running HSRP right?

I think your setup should look like this

router1 router2

| |

| |

access layer switch

| |

| |

1 dist switch 2 dist switch

or else

connect each router with dist switch with single cable and then connect your distribution switch together that will also take care of the design.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ali,

You can implement HSRP on your lan interfaces to have redundant as well as load balancing and you can implement interface tracking for your wan interfaces so that if any of the wan interfaces goes down it can be tracked and active router will reduce its priority and standby router will take the role.

Have a look at this link which will give you complete idea of HSRP implementation with interface tracking option

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/idg4/nd2022.htm

Ankur

HI Ankur

10xs for ur reply;ur time to help me. i need configuration how can i implement tracking for my wan interface

10xs

Ali

Hi Ali,

Have a look at the sameple config for one router

Router A

interface ethernet 0

ip address 1.0.0.2 255.0 0.0

standby 1 ip 1.0.0.4

standby 1 preempt

standby 1 priority 105

standby track serial 0

!

interface serial 0

ip address 3.0.0.1 255.0.0.0

Now this way serial 0 will be tracked by ethernet0 interface and incase serial goes down the priority of ethernet0 which is configured as 105 will be reduced by 10 by default so it will result in priority as 95 which will be less than priority configured on the other router which may be cofigured as 100 so the other router will become active for all traffic.

Also please have a look at the link which I posted in my previous post and click on the option for interface tracking it will give you a topology view as well as sample config also.

Ankur

Hi Ankir!

what if have 2 routers in my setup to creat that setup.how can i achieve this.

10xs

ali

Hi Ali,

Router A

interface ethernet 0

ip address 1.0.0.2 255.0 0.0

standby 1 ip 1.0.0.4

standby 1 preempt

standby 1 priority 105

standby track serial 0

!

interface serial 0

ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

Router B

interface ethernet 0

ip address 1.0.0.3 255.0 0.0

standby 1 ip 1.0.0.4

standby 1 preempt

standby 1 priority 100

!

interface serial 0

ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

Hi Ali..do not take me wrong but try to understand the concept and do not rely on the configurations posted. If you understand the concept you will be able to build to config on your own.

Ankur

HI Ankur.

10xs for ur reply.ur effort to help me.Ankur i'm a network engineer,this the first time that i've worked in cisco product(installatiom;configuration)

of course i'll rate the post;because this is the only way to thank u & to thank the expert.

10xs

Ali

Hey Ali,

Anytime!!

Just do not take it to heart.

Wish you all the best!!

Regards,

Ankur

HI Ankur

do i connect the 2 routers to each distribution switch.each router has 2 fiber connection to each distribution switch for redandancy?this is correct Ankur

10xs for ur reply

Ali

Hi Ali,

Yes you are right. How will you take the 2 fiber connection from each router? You will be having one single ethernet on which you are running HSRP right?

I think your setup should look like this

router1 router2

| |

| |

access layer switch

| |

| |

1 dist switch 2 dist switch

or else

connect each router with dist switch with single cable and then connect your distribution switch together that will also take care of the design.

Ankur

Hi Ankur

10XS 10XS 10XS Ankur for ur help ur reply ur time

ALI

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card