wan senario

cisco steps
Level 1
Level 1

one of the WAN is working fine and shows up/up

the second WAN show up/ down

any help please

30 Replies 30

Well canadarouter1 is showing up/up, can I see the output from losangelesrouter2?

I'm assuming canadarouter2 is connected to losangelesrouter1?

So the Canada side (ISP wise) is up/up on both links and the LA side (both circuits) are up/down, thus you have no links working between these sites. How are you connecting to these routers?

__

Edison.

EDISON

here is new design to help you and me figure this out

let me know if more info needed..

Thanks

Can I see show service-module from R1?

__

Edison.

r1 is cisco 7613 when I do show service-module this command is not working

R1#show service-module

ERROR

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

7613? Ah, you are full of surprises. I'm assuming you have a SIP module (I should've noticed that in the show interface output).

Try show controllers t1

__

Edison.

LOL.. I know... I am doing my best and I need to figure this out.. I just got my ICND1 and was trown to this mass . but its all good. I have to get my feet wait ..but this time they are very wait//so I am looking for dry land...

I did that on R1 I got bunch of controllers that are Up .. any specific one we looking for ...

Copy and Paste onto document and attach the whole thing :)

here you go!!!!

Ok, so it shows the T1 is up

T1 2/0/0 is up.

Applique type is SPA-8XCHT1/E1

Cablelength is short 220

No alarms detected.

alarm-trigger is not set

Soaking time: 3, Clearance time: 10

AIS State:Clear LOS State:Clear LOF State:Clear

Framing is ESF, Line Code is B8ZS, Clock Source is Line.

Data in current interval (783 seconds elapsed):

0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

0 Near-end path failures, 0 Far-end path failures, 0 SEF/AIS Secs

Total Data (last 2 15 minute intervals):

0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations,

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

0 Near-end path failures, 0 Far-end path failures, 0 SEF/AIS Secs

The clocking is pointing towards the ISP. You need to verify that they are indeed providing the clocking. It seems they are doing it in your other circuit while on this one, they aren't.

__

Edison.

thank you very much for all your time, as there is always last question.. how I can verify or where I can look that will make me compare the 2 the one that are providing the clock on and the one that they don't.... again Thanks and I hope this will get some results

On a serial connection, clocking is always needed. Often, the provider provides the clocking for both links while other times the customer needs to set the clocking at one end of the link.

By default, the device is set for clocking to line (which means the ISP).

Other setting is internal clocking on which you have to specify the speed of the circuit at the T1 module in question.

The SIP/SPA documentation on T1s can be useful for the 7613

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/shared_port_adapters/configuration/7600series/76cfgt1.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Edison

Thanks for the link , I did read the T1 clocking ami and 8 zeros , however I sitll can't not see when the isp provided the clocking and when we did set the clock... did you see that on the config I provided and if yes can you pin point it

Thanks Edison

You don't know for sure if the ISP provides the clocking until you ask them.

The default setting in the T1 module is to look for clocking from the ISP, see this line:

Framing is ESF, Line Code is B8ZS, Clock Source is Line.

If you want to provide your own clocking, the link I sent you will provide the info.

You need to get into the T1 module subinterface and change the clocking from line to internal.

HTH,

__

Edison.

how I do that ? .. I got in to sub-interface.. I type in clock , the I got a clock rate wich I believe not the right place where I should be

config t

(config)#interface s0/1:0

(config-if)#

On config mode, type controller T1, then clock source internal.

However, I suggest contacting the ISP and confirm if they are providing the clocking.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card