Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WAN Switching and QoS

Hi All,

This is a topic which I am having alot of trouble with. Typically to implement qos on a switch I just use the Auto QoS but in this case it does not apply.

Lets say we have two switches connected over a WAN 100Mpbs Layer 2 link. I want to provide QoS on this link which connects the two sites. There is no voice or video, the only thing I want to do is guarantee bandwidth to a a few specific VLANS.

The switches in question are the Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3120

The following is what I have configured but I am unsure if this will work or make things worst.

I start by mapping the the COS values in to some queues

mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 26 32 46 48 56

mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 1 threshold 1 0

mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 2 threshold 1 5

mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 3 threshold 1 1

mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 4 threshold 1 2

*Here I want cos value 0 in Queue 1, 5 in Queue 2 and so on

Then I applied the mls qos cos # to the interfaces where i wont to tag the cos traffic

ex) Database interface is gi 1/0/5

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/26

mls qos cos 5

Next I apply my outbound queue settings. The link that connects the two sites is gi1/0/26

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/26

description LINK TO OTHER SITE

switchport mode trunk

srr-queue bandwidth share 35 45 15 5

* Here i assume it will give 35% of bandwidth to queue 1, 45% to queue 2, and so on.

Can anyone see anything major I may have missed? I know I have not set threshold values but I assume the defaults will do.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: WAN Switching and QoS

This should work - make sure to enable QoS globally in the switch as well with the 'mls qos' command.

Regards

Edison.

Views
Helpful
Replies