Views
Helpful
Replies

wan topology

ayosizzle
Level 1
Level 1

Olla,

Please I need some advice and suggestions on designing a WAN.

The  scenario is thus:there exists a head office, 6 zonal offices and 89  branches that are all to be connected on the WAN. please note that data  transfer is a key activities on this network as replication and  consolidation is constantly being carried out.

My suggestion is for the zonal offices to connect directly to the  head office and the branches to connect to the zonal offices. For  redundancy, the zonal office can have two links to the head office maybe  fibre and vsat or fibre and radio. is this a good suggestion or does it  have limitations.

Best Regards,

DJ.

3 Replies 3

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Your idea would work, but I would suggest considering a layer 3 vpn (MPLS) . It could be implemented to provide any to any connectivity and some layer of redundancy

Thanks vmiller. The MPLS VPN is already part of the recommendation made to

the ISP to provide. The ISPs here are not fab so I am thinking of the best

topology to reduce down time.

Regards,

DJ

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 4:35 PM, vmiller <

from the sounds of it, you have a pretty far flung network to deal with. have you discussed this with a global carrier?

(I tend to look at carriers as distinct from an ISP).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card