Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WAP321 - VAP internet access

I have 3 VAPs configured. Only one has internet access.  The other two I can log on by wireless but have only limited access.  Is there a configuration setting that I can review or change to correct the problem?

8 REPLIES
Gold

WAP321 - VAP internet access

Kevin,

Are the SSIDs associated to VLANs? Also, does the router have VLAN support or do you have a Layer 3 switch?

- Marty

Hi,I have the same problem

Hi,

I have the same problem with 2 WAP551.

SSID Enterprise = VLAN 1

SSID Visitor = VLAN 110

Enterprise's network sets with an unique network and visitor's network sets with an other network.

I'm sure about my configuration because when I set the SSID enterprise on one WAP and set the second SSID (visitor) on the second WAP, I can reach default gateway's enterprise or default gateway's visitor.

However, when I set two SSID on the same WAP, one of the two SSID can't reach my default gateway. On my laptot, I got this message No internet access.

Firmware is 1.0.3.4 - Same problem

Firmware is 1.0.4.4 - Same problem

Firmware is 1.1.0.4 - Same problem

Gold

Rémi, What is between the AP

Rémi,

What is between the AP and router?

Does your router support VLANs?

Do you have a trunk port configured on each device from the AP to the router?

- Marty

Hi mpyhala,Thank you for your

Hi mpyhala,

Thank you for your answer.

There is only switch between AP and router. Moreover, when I only set visitor's SSID with VLAN 110 on WAP551, the WIFI work. So, the router supports VLAns.

When I set a port with (untagged) VLAN 110 and I connect my laptot with RJ45 on this port, I can reach my default gateway. Moreover, AP's port sets tagged (trunk) and I can't reach my default gateway.

This problem is very strange.

Thank you again,

Hi,Can you see my switch's

Hi,

Could you see my switch's configuration please ?

Thank you so much !

Gold

Rémi, Port 48 is correct,

Rémi,

Port 48 is correct, port 29 should look exactly the same:

VLAN 1 Untagged PVID

VLAN 110 Tagged

- Marty

mpyhala,It's work !I must

mpyhala,

It works !

I must modify knew parameters in switch's configuration.

First, I set in Setting Interface port 5 and 29 (AP's port) in General mode.
Second, I set in Port VLAN Membership port 5 and 29 (AP's port) 1T / 110T.
Third, I don't modify port 48 (WAN's port) - Trunk mode - 1UP / 110T.

Moreover, WAP551's firmware has got a bug. Indeed, I must create a twice VAP (VAP N°2). VAP N°1 doesn't work, but with the same configuration, VAP N°2 works.

So, I deleted VAP N°1 and let VAP N°2. Now, my guest's network works with captive portal and my enterprise's network works with RADIUS.

Thank you for you help !

I have just bought a WAP321

I have just bought a WAP321 AP and the same issue happens. Channel id 1 does not work. I have been trying to diagnose this problem for over a month and luckily I found your post today that gave me the clue to the solution.

Is is incredible that CISCO did not solve this issue still 2 years after you mentioned the problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content