Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCCP redirects TCP traffic

Hi All,

I'm performing two WCCP web-caches which implements WCCPv2 protocol. I would like their WCCP Router (cisco-2600 Version 12.4) to performed traffic redirect and distribute the redirect traffic between those two Web-caches.

I would like that my Web-caches shall receive any TCP traffic which going out to the WAN or come towards the LAN.

I would like the WCCP Router shall redirect all TCP segments of a specific connection to the same Web-cache.

I understand the Web-caches needs to join 61 and 62 services (TCP promiscuous) and I need to configure the WCCP Router to 61 and 62 services.

Although I configured the Router to 61, 62 services and my Web-caches sent the right WCCPv2 messages in order to join the 61, 62 services, it doesn't work as I expected.

The Router recognized both Web-caches and its services (61, 62) and its fine. But, although the Router redirects TCP traffic to both Web-caches on both services (61 and 62), it doesn't resume the TCP connection. Meaning: parts of the connection's segments are being redirect to Web-cache 'A' while the other are redirect to Web-cache 'B'.

The big question is: what have I done wrong?

Do I need more than configured the Router with 61 on interface-1 (connected to the WAN) and 62 on interface-2 (connected to the LAN)?

Does the 61 and 62 are Dynamic services or Standard service (WCCP RFC declared two types of service: dynamics and standard) ?

Does the Router needs more configuration ?

Views
Helpful
Replies