cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird Routing Issue in Linux

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm posing this question here because I want to rule out a routing problem, and narrow it down to Linux.

I have two 8.04 laptops (one is full OS, and the other laptop is virtualized in Windows). Both work fine. I have the following router configuration:

Cisco 871W -- Wireless signal to another Cisco 1100 AP -- Cisco 871

192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.3

From both linux OSs, I can ping 192.168.1.1, and ping internet addresses (4.2.2.1). I can browse the internet with no problems in either laptop.

From the Windows system, I can ping 192.168.1.1, .2, and .3, with no problems. The Linux boxes will NOT ping the .2 or .3 addresses. Since routing is working in Windows, I doubt it's a Cisco issue. I have another linux box that is behind an ASA, and it can ping it okay. I'm not sure what to look at since the Windows pings okay. Anything you guys can suggest will be greatly appreciated!

Oh, my default route is 192.168.1.1, and that can see all devices.

Like I said, I highly doubt it's a routing issue just because all of my other stations work fine, but hopefully someone can give some helpful suggestions to look at.

Thanks!

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 Reply 1

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

This may also be a compatibility issue with 1100 AP and Linux.4.1.83.0 release of of Cisco WCS for Windows or Linux is compatible with wireless LAN controller and Cisco Aironet lightweight access point release 3.2.78.0 or later. Previous releases of Cisco WCS should not be used with the 4.1.171.0 controller software release.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card