cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What causes a high CPU Memory for a 2951 router and remains high even after reloading ?

Tarek Assaf
Level 1
Level 1

What causes a high memory  (80 %) and remains high with the same percentage even after rebooting?

11 Replies 11

Hi ,

Run this command to check with process consumes more CPU % Past me output of the same

show processes cpu Command

show environment { this command wont work on cisco 2900 series)

HTH

Sandy

HTH

Sandy

Hi,

attached you can find the output i got but it didn't show anything high.

Please check and reply.

Thanks in advance.

Tarek 

What are u getting high ? CPU or memory.

attached the show tech during the issue time.

I get a high Memory always even after reload.

Hi ,

Can you Share me following outputs . 

1) need to check whether your system fan is working

HTH
Sandy

Hi,

please find attached.

Tarek 

Hi ,

I see below log message on your show logging 

May 14 20:24:07.065: %DIALPEER_DB-6-ADDPEER_WARNING: Addition of too many dial-peers may affect performance

Error Message 
%DIALPEER_DB-6-ADDPEER_WARNING: Addition of too many dial-peers may affect performance

Explanation The number of dial-peers is high. This will have an effect on the dial-peer lookup time, 
resulting in longer call setup time.
Recommended Action Use the minimum number of dial-peers necessary for your numbering plan

dial-peers may affect performance,

The limit is pretty big. I have found some internal information regarding some tests that say it is over 2 billion. In general, each dial peer adds 6k (aprox.) to the memory requirements

In the end, the more dial-peers you have, the longer that searches will take (which means more CPU) and the more memory that gets used.

HTH

Sandy

Hi,

can you share explain to me how you knew that the dial-peer number is pretty big?

please check the configuration attached.

also please share with me how to see how many dial-peers i have if they are hidden.

Tarek

Hi ,

Do you have call manager in your network , if its then there is

option is to create route patterns in CCM, if these calls are destined for PSTN. Then simplify your dialpeers to CCM. Let call manager do the call routing.

HTH

Sandy

Hi, Is there any command that shows how many dial-peers I have on my router? Tarek
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card