cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What platform do I need?

mthorne
Level 1
Level 1

A client of mine is building a 2nd datacenter. They wish to connect their existing datacenter with the new one using a 100Mbit leased line, using the same IP block on both sides. Additionally, they have several remote offices that they wish to connect to the main office with leased lines ranging from T1 to 10Mbit. Each datacenter will need to support four remote locations.

Which platform should they use? Can this be done with pair of 3800's and 2800's at the remote sites? What interfaces will I need? Any advice is most appreciated!!

Matt

2 Replies 2

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

I could like to sggest to use a pair 3845 for the 100Mbps connection that can support up to 256Mbps throughput. The second 3845 can be the backup if the primary 3845 down.

In normal case, the 100Mbps and 10Mbps will be Ethernet and it also depends on the PTT services. You better check w/ PTT what interfaces they can support then consider the suitable interface.

For the remote sites, any 2800 model will be fine and it also depends on the PTT and what interface you need in your offices.

Check below for router performance.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

If the router will also some CPU intensive services, you may consider a higher model. e.g. 7200 or 7300

My 2 cents.

Hope this helps.

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Matt,

2800 would fit the bill for the remote offices.

If you are getting a T1 interface, then you can have either VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 or VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1. The number of cards required would depend on the bandwidth that need to be supported

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card