Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Where are the wireless settings on a Cisco 877w?

Hello, I have a Cisco 877w, where are the wireless settings? I can't even see them on the SDM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where are the wireless settings on a Cisco 877w?

4 REPLIES

Just what I need. Do you know if I can use a Windows RADIUS server to authenticate the user and laptop? I know some wireless networks can do "bonded" authentication, so if a Windows NT username and Computer are in a RADIUS user group then they can get on the wireless network. However if only one is in the group they can't?

Andy, I cannot speak from experience on this particular product but based on this document you can configure the wireless router as a NAS network access server or local RADIUS Server for authentication &

accounting take a look at this doc in page 29 on this link pdf. I do not know whether you could use windows RADIUS but you could try testing it if you can, as long as you have a AD windows server add the wireless router as a client in IAS and give wireless router Windows RADIUS Ip information and test whether you can authenticate.. don't have the answer to that.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5318/c1225/ccmigration_09186a0080468be5.pdf

you may also find usefull common Q & Answers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/products_qanda_item0900aecd800fd11b.shtml

HTH

Thanks.

This Cisco 877w is currently setup in VPN mode. It's based at a remote site and connects to my HQ on an IPSec tunnel. The Window's RADIUS server is at the HQ. I assume as long as the remote network can contact this server then bingo?

I will test.

Views
Helpful
Replies